First of all, we recently got greenlit on Steam! We can't thank you enough for your support, Lucid9 made it in not even two weeks of time, that was really incredible! It really motivates us to know that we're working on a game that so many people are expecting and wishing to play. We are doing our best to provide you all an enjoyable and memorable experience with Inciting Incident.
Casting and direction : Yin Yang Voices
- Yama Ishimoto: Kyle Land
- Rui Hayata: Debbie Gatton
- Misaki Kazehaya: Kayli Mills
- Akira Karube : Mel Gorsha
- Elizabeth Oshiro: Rachael Messer
- Airi Hiraga: Caitlynn French
- Yahiko Ikari: John Wesley Go
- Masato Kurogane: Michael Kovach
- Jirou Ryouta: Michael Potok
- Natsuki Tanaka: Katie Dagnen
Concerning other characters that haven't been mentioned here, we are currently having open auditions that will close around the end of February, you can find more information here. We're also looking for many more lesser roles that need to be cast, so don't hesitate to submit!
We are all very excited both at Fallen Snow Studios and Yin Yang Voices at the idea of this partnership, and I hope you will all be as well! However, we know this announcement may bring up a lot of questions, so I would like to give some clarification to potential worries :
- Will this affect the release of Inciting Incident?
No. We plan on releasing the voiced version as a future patch much later. Inciting Incident will still be released as scheduled in the first quarter of 2016.
- Will there be the option to turn off the voiceover?
- Why "English" voiceover?
Having it voiced in, Japanese would require translation of the script on our part, and would take quite a while to do, not mentioning the difficulty of finding Japanese VA.
- When will the voiced version be completed?
It's difficult to say. Our casting director gave us an estimate that voice acting for the patched version of Inciting Incident will take at least a whole year to complete, so most likely no voice patch until early 2017. We'll be giving updates on progress in the mean time.
- Can I audition for a role?
We have already chosen specific actors for the major roles in Lucid9. There are a number of supporting, minor or background characters that would need to be filled. We will make a new post concerning open auditions in the near future, so stay tuned if you're interested!
- Writing is 99% complete, Editing is 70% complete. There are only a few scenes remaining to tweak and rewrite, but nearly all of Inciting Incident has been written. Concerning editing, it consists mostly in typos fix, plot holes fix, and script consistency check.
- Music is 100% done. All that remains is to master the tracks so that we can ensure the best quality sound with similar output leveled track, while keeping a decent size by compressing the tracks. The total soundtrack number for Inciting Incident has exceeded thirty, and we all hope you will enjoy it, as some of the tracks are really incredible.
- Art is 90% done. More specifically, Backgrounds are 100% ready, sprites 90% ready and CGs 80% ready. There are only a few sprites and a few CGs (including GoverMecher ones) that need to be worked on. Not counting GoverMecher and variations, there are in total 10 CGs in Inciting Incident (which is only a common route).
- Programming is more complex to evaluate. GUI is 100% done so far, and narrative scripting is currently around 70% completion. But there are several other features we are including (some people might have noticed a phone in our sample thumbnails ;) ), and most of all we still need to bug test the whole build once it's ready. It's going to take us quite some time, but be assured that we are really proud of what Lucid9 has to offer in terms of interface experience.
So, is there any precise release date for Inciting Incident? Still not, but we're believing that the game will be ready for a March release. Once again, no guarantee, but we're pretty confident on this one.
Thanks for your time reading, and prepare for another surprise for Valentines!